The Department of State Services (DSS) has denied tapping the telephone lines of Nigerians.
A political group had alleged that the DSS had tapped the telephone lines of Nigerians.
But Mr Peter Afunanya, the Public Relations Officer of the DSS, said in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja that the organisation was committed to its professional ideals and would not engage in unethical conduct.
He said the DSS had been criticised by unpatriotic citizens who fed the public with fake news and hate speeches against it.
The spokesman said that the social media had been awash with wrong information regarding the operations of the DSS that were misunderstood and misrepresented.
“It is obvious that some merchants of violence are determined to use their platforms to misinform the public for their selfish and political ends,” he said.
He warned mischief makers against misleading the public, adding that the law would catch up with them.
“The DSS is a responsible organisation and thus professionally adheres to the ideals of intelligence and security governance expected of it in a democracy,” he said
Afunanya urged the public to disregard the claims of the political group.
He said that the DSS should be left out of politics to maintain its usual transparency and neutrality in the discharge of its mandate.
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
- My P**Y is not meant for broke guys – Teenage Ghanaian singer
News1 month ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
News1 month ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment2 months ago
Popular Hollywood actor, Dick Miller is dead
News2 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals
News2 months ago
Lady with HIV positive claim she slept with two politician without condom