The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has announced the timeframe for result declaration of the 2019 Presidential Election.
The commission assured that the results would not take longer than the 2015 elections, in spite of the number of presidential candidates, size of the result sheets and increased voter population.
INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu said this on Wednesday in Abuja while briefing journalists on the state of preparedness of the commission for the polls.
Yakubu said the commission was working to ensure that it does not keep Nigerians waiting for days without declaring the results.
He said the time limit would not exceed what obtained in 2015.
Recall that in 2015, while the Presidential Election held on a Saturday, a winner was not declared until the following Wednesday.
Mahmood said: “Even though this time around we have more presidential candidates than in 2015, we have more registered voters than we had in 2015, the size of the result sheet is bigger than we had in 2015, but we are committed to concluding the process for the Presidential elections roughly about the same time that we concluded the 2015 general elections.”
“We will do whatever we can to ensure that we speedily conclude the process but we won’t sacrifice accuracy for speed”, he declared.
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- Most Downloaded App. 2018
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
News4 months ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
News4 months ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Sport4 months ago
Emiliano Sala’s dead body found
News4 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals
Entertainment4 months ago
Popular Hollywood actor, Dick Miller is dead