The 2 Brigade of the Nigerian Army has cautioned politicians in Akwa Ibom State to desist from any act capable of breaching peaceful conduct of the Presidential and National Assembly polls slated for Saturday, February 23.
The command said it was prepared to ensure that the exercise is carried out in a most peaceful and orderly manner.
The 2 Brigade Commandant, Brig Gen. Nasir Jega, who stated this in a press statement sent through the Command’s Assistant Director Army Public Relations Officer, Bashir Jajira, urged all eligible voters to go their respective polling units and cast their votes without fear of intimidation.
According to him, “As Nigerians go to the polls for the Presidential and National Assembly Elections on Saturday February 23, 2019, it is imperative to ensure that the exercise is carried out in the most peaceful manner in Akwa Ibom State.
“Therefore, to ensure that the citizens in the state fully exercise their franchise in an atmosphere devoid of molestation, harassment or intimidation, Headquarters 2 Brigade Nigerian Army in conjunction with sister security agencies is resolved to provide a secure and peaceful environment for the conduct of 2019 general elections.
“The Headquarters 2 Brigade, therefore, implored all law abiding citizens to desist from any act capable of breaching peace before, during or after the general elections.
“And urged all eligible voters to go to their polling units and cast their votes without fear of intimidation. The Command also vows to decisively deal with culprits of political thuggery in the areas of ballot box snatching, arson and other electoral offences in the state in accordance with the law,” the statement read.
The statement further called on the general public to call or send text messages video or WhatsApps messages to the Situation Room numbers at 0814 973 1114, 0806 221 2419 and 0703 203 2944 on election violence in their respective areas.
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
- My P**Y is not meant for broke guys – Teenage Ghanaian singer
News1 month ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
News1 month ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment2 months ago
Popular Hollywood actor, Dick Miller is dead
News2 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals
News2 months ago
Lady with HIV positive claim she slept with two politician without condom