The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, has stated that the Benin Crown remains non-partisan ahead of Saturday’s presidential election and National Assembly elections.
He said that a level-playing ground was provided for all politicians to campaign and canvass for vote irrespective of political parties.
He cautioned youths against being used as thugs by politicians to disrupt the electoral process.
According to NAN, the Oba made the call on Thursday in Benin in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Desmond Agbama.
The Benin monarch called on all eligible voters in the state to come out en mass and vote for candidates of their choice at the polls.
He charged the masses not to be discouraged by the Feb. 16 Presidential and National Assembly elections postponement.
The Oba urged the people to renew their hope and zeal to participate in the exercise, “which is their civic responsibility to the nation.’’
The royal father further advised the electorate to vote wisely and not allow any primordial sentiments to becloud their sense of judgment.
He called on the security agencies to be neutral while providing security during the elections and to refrain from intimidation and harassment of voters.
“At this critical moment in the nation’s political journey, INEC must prove itself as an unbiased electoral umpire in the conduct of the 2019 general elections.
“The Benin Crown remains non-partisan hence a level playing ground was provided for all politicians to campaign and canvass for vote irrespective of political parties,’’ he said.
Oba Ewuare II, however, prayed to God and the ancestors for a peaceful, free and fair 2019 general elections.
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- Most Downloaded App. 2018
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
News6 months ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
Sport6 months ago
Emiliano Sala’s dead body found
News5 months ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment5 months ago
‘Peruzzi just messed up Chioma’s upcoming brand’- Kemi Olunloyo reveals
News6 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals