Dr Biodun Ogungbo, a Neurological Surgeon with a private hospital in Abuja, has warned Nigerians to avoid unsafe plastic surgery to prevent risking their health.
Ogungbo gave the warning in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Thursday.
“Recently, there has been a rash of complications following plastic surgery in Abuja.
“Many patients going to have liposuction or indeed fat transfers to have a bigger butt have ended up with massive infections and even a stroke in one case,” he said.
Ogungbo said cheap, unsafe operations further erode the confidence in local practice.
“It is very difficult to lose a bad reputation, even if it is unjustified. The bad news travel far and wide and it forces more Nigerians to consider medical tourism.
“Anyway, the disappointment dissipated very fast, as we got to grips with clients who appreciate the worth of providing local solutions right here in the heart of the nation.
“Clients who are prepared to pay a fair price for solutions here in Nigeria. Many know full well that the cost of surgery in Nigeria is a fraction of what it costs going abroad,” Ogungbo said.
He said one of the reasons why surgeries were expensive was the deployment of human and material resources to ensure the success of the operation.
“We need to be able to cover all bases and not cut corners, if we want to achieve a good outcome.
“This is an increasingly recurring decimal where clients want the best but will not pay for it,’’ Ogungbo said.
He, however, said there was need to continue to provide a safe environment for the patient, saying that Nigerians should ensure they go to reputable surgeon who knows what is required.
9-year-old girl drowns in Jigawa well
A nine-year-old girl identified as Hassana Aliyu of Kasarau Yamma quarters in Dutse, Jigawa, has lost her life after falling into a well.
Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria, (NAN), in Dutse on Friday, the Director, Jigawa State Fire Directorate, Alhaji Ahmed Danyaro, said the incident occurred at about 1:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Danyaro said: ”Nobody can ascertain how the deceased fell into the well as we just received a distress call that she has fallen into the well in their home.
”On receiving the information, we quickly sent our rescue team which rescued her unconscious and later confirmed her dead at the hospital.”
He said that the deceased’s corpse had since been handed over to her parents for burial.
Speaking further, the director urged parents who have wells in their homes to raise their height and provide covers for them to protect their children.
According to him, the agency will continue to sensitize the public on how best to use wells at homes.
- Most Downloaded App. 2018
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
News5 months ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
Sport5 months ago
Emiliano Sala’s dead body found
News5 months ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment4 months ago
‘Peruzzi just messed up Chioma’s upcoming brand’- Kemi Olunloyo reveals
News5 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals