The Presidential Candidate of the National Interest Party, NIP, Eunice Atuejide, has withdrawn from the now postponed Presidential election.
In a statement which she released early on Wednesday morning, Mrs. Atuejide said that she stepped down from the election, because her race for the Presidency was programmed to end on February 16, “and it did”.
“Therefore, the Presidential election proposed to hold on 23rd February, 2019, due to the last-minute postponement by INEC, does not involve me”, Mrs. Atuejide, the founder and Chairperson of the NIP said.
According to the Lawyer, the race is now between President Muhammadu Buhari, of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Candidate, Atiku Abubakar.
Mrs. Atuejide revealed further that she is now committed to supporting Atiku Abubakar of the PDP, whom she considers a better Presidential Candidate.
“I choose to fight for the benefit of every Nigerian, on the side of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. I cannot defend PDP, for giving us bad leadership from 1999 to 2015, yet I cannot help but blame the APC, for doing a much worse job, from 2015 to 2019.
“Plus, whether we call them PDP, APC, PPA, ANN, YPP, or NIP, we are all the same people, moving from one political platform to the other, in search of a place to speak out and be heard.
“To my mind, the political party platform is not the real issue; nonetheless, it is either Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, under the PDP, or President Buhari, under the APC, this time.
“I make bold to state unequivocally, that I stand with Atiku, under the PDP, this time.”
In her Wednesday’s statement, Mrs. Atuejide gave reasons for declaring support for Atiku Abubakar, one of which was his choice of Vice President.
She said: “Mr. Abubakar picked an amazing VP. In fact, even though I have never met or spoken to Peter Obi, it is thanks to him that I am today the Founder and National Chairman of a youth-led digitally organised political party (NIP). His exemplary leadership as Governor of Anambra State, led me and several of my team members to politics.”
She noted that Atiku Abubakar will “provide us (Nigerians) with leadership, which will always put the interest of Nigerians first”.
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- Most Downloaded App. 2018
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
News5 months ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
Sport5 months ago
Emiliano Sala’s dead body found
News5 months ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment4 months ago
‘Peruzzi just messed up Chioma’s upcoming brand’- Kemi Olunloyo reveals
News5 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals