ABUJA – ABUJA- Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has charged Nigerians to hold the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government responsible should anything untoward happen to him.
Ortom who stated this while briefing journalists at the Benue state governor’s lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, accused the anti-graft agencies for acting as pawn in the hands of the All Progressives Congress, APC-led administration in harassing opposition figures in the land.
According to the governor, the federal government has not allowed him moment of rest since he left the APC to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, adding however that the state will continue to remain under the firm grip of his party.
“If I die today, the federal government should be held responsible because they are planning to eliminate me. I am not going to stop. I will continue to defend my people.
“I know that I am being persecuted because the cabal don’t like me. They do all kind of things. EFCC has been chasing me and my staff for the past 10 months. And I have not done anything wrong that they have been chasing me all over the place. Persecution is so much, threats on my life have continued,” he said.
The governor said he has paid salaries of workers up to date beginning from January, adding that he would do everything possible to clear the arrears and pensions.
On the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu Buhari, the governor said there are chances the first citizen may not have been aware of the development.
“Is it the first time that Mr President is not aware of something? When we were attacked and he directed the Inspector General of Police, IGP to relocate to Benue State and the man went to Nasarawa and when he came we confronted him.
He said was not aware. “Even when the CJN was to be arraigned, was Mr President aware? We were told by the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo that Mr. President was not aware. Did you not hear him? Or did you not read it on the pages of newspapers? So, maybe this one too, he is not aware.
I have not met him one-on-one. I want to assume that he may not have been aware. I am not holding brief for him. So, you journalists too can help us get him to be aware.
“That is the challenge we have. But you heard our mother in the nation; Aisha Buhari came out crying that the husband was no longer ruling.
“So we must talk. That is the point I am making. I am doing it in support of our mother, the First Lady. It is clarion call that all of us should stand up and chase that cabal away because we did not elect any cabal in that Villa,” he added.
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- Most Downloaded App. 2018
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
News5 months ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
Sport5 months ago
Emiliano Sala’s dead body found
News5 months ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment4 months ago
‘Peruzzi just messed up Chioma’s upcoming brand’- Kemi Olunloyo reveals
News5 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals