Operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command have arrested two suspected robbers who allegedly killed an Uber driver and stole his car.
The Lagos Police spokesman, CSP Chike Oti, said that the suspects were arrested in Aboki Estate, Lekki, Lagos.
According to a statement by Oti, the suspects were arrested while removing the parts of the stolen Hyundai Elantra car with Reg. No. EPE 676 EC for sale to a scrap metal dealer.
He said the arrest was carried out following a directive from the new Lagos police boss, CP Zubairu Mu’azu, that the RRS Commander, ACP Olatunji Disu, should fish out the culprits.
Oti said investigations by the police revealed that an ex–convict and bus conductor, in company of three others now at large, had conspired to hijack an Uber car and sell it off.
”On the said day, the quartet at around 11 p.m. waved down the deceased, Sunday Obasi, in Lekki. They told him they were going to Ikate and he charged them N1,000.
”Before getting to their destination, the suspects told the driver that they wanted to ease themselves. It was at this point they descended on the driver.
”They killed him and pushed him off the car into the road before driving the car to Beach Road, Lekki, where they hid it for two days while looking for buyer and swapped the number plate of the car with a Volkswagen Passat car (FKJ 708 CA) close by,” he said.
Oti stated that investigations were continuing on the case, stressing that the command would leave no stone unturned towards ensuring that the fleeing suspect are made to face justice.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the recovered vandalised Uber car was currently parked at the RRS headquarters, Alausa, while the late driver’s corpse was deposited at a public mortuary.
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- Most Downloaded App. 2018
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
News5 months ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
Sport5 months ago
Emiliano Sala’s dead body found
News5 months ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment4 months ago
‘Peruzzi just messed up Chioma’s upcoming brand’- Kemi Olunloyo reveals
News5 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals