Former Military President, retired General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), has raised alarm over comments on Nigeria’s general elections being attributed to him.
His media office in a release made available to Naija Spicy on Monday urged Nigerians to ignore messages not signed by the former leader.
It expressed worry at the existence of several twitter handles and other social media accounts, purportedly owned by IBB.
“In the light of the unfortunate development, the media handlers of the former Military President wishes to inform the general public, particularly the Social Media community that IBB, as is fondly called, currently has no active twitter account and does not operate any other social media site.
“Also, we wish to state categorically that the twitter handles bearing the name and photographs of General Babangida are fictitious.
“Their creation by unscrupulous elements is aimed at misleading unsuspecting members of the public.
“Accordingly, we wish to advise the social media community and the general public to be wary of the ‘IBB’ fake accounts, mischievous online stories and discountenance whatever message conveyed therein about the revered Nigerian leader”, the statement added.
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- Most Downloaded App. 2018
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
News5 months ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
Sport5 months ago
Emiliano Sala’s dead body found
News5 months ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment4 months ago
‘Peruzzi just messed up Chioma’s upcoming brand’- Kemi Olunloyo reveals
News5 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals