The Senate President and Director-General of the Atiku Abubakar Campaign Council of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Bukola Saraki, on Tuesday, has alleged that the All Progressives Congress, APC, was behind the postponement of last Saturday’s general elections.
Saraki claimed that the APC wants a low turnout, so that it can prevent Nigerians from turning out en masse to vote in the rescheduled February 23, general elections.
The Senate President, who made the claim during the PDP’s emergency National Executive Council, NEC, meeting, in Abuja, said that a low turnout of voters, will enable the APC rig the rescheduled elections.
He however, urged Nigerians to come out en masse and vote, in order to prevent the APC from rigging the polls.
According to Saraki: “We have four more days to go. I want to appeal to Nigerians, do not let them frustrate you. When there is a low turnout, they can rig, but if you come out to vote, they cannot rig.
“INEC, we know that they do not want you to hold that election on Saturday, but we want you to hold that election on Saturday. The Nollywood APC meeting, yesterday, was because they do not want elections on Saturday, but we want elections on Saturday, Nigerians want elections on Saturday, the world wants elections on Saturday.
“As they say, when your time has come, your time has come, President Atiku Abubakar, your time has come!”
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- Most Downloaded App. 2018
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
News5 months ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
Sport5 months ago
Emiliano Sala’s dead body found
News5 months ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment4 months ago
‘Peruzzi just messed up Chioma’s upcoming brand’- Kemi Olunloyo reveals
News5 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals