Wife of Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai, Hajiya Aisha Garba El-Rufai has justified her husband’s choice of Muslim running mate.
She said contrary to insinuations, the Governor’s choice was based on competence and ability of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe to deliver.
Speaking at a parley with journalists in Kaduna, Mrs. El-Rufai stated categorically that the insinuation that the governor picked a female Muslim running mate to spite people of other faith was incorrect.
She maintained that her husband picked Mrs Balarabe purely because she has proven to be a woman with capacity to contribute meaningfully to growth and development of the state.
The Governor’s wife, who expressed confidence that her husband can go and sleep and still win the governorship election, said people of Kaduna state now understand that Governor El-Rufai’s programmes and policies are people-centered.
According to her, “I appeal to the good people of Nigeria and Kaduna State in particular to take a closer look at the choice of the running mate of Malam Nasir El-Rufai with open heart.
“The governor that I know works with people based on competence and on the basis of what they can deliver and bring to the table and not on the basis of religion or ethnicity.
“The governor should not be accused of bias because he is not moved by religious affiliation. In any case, our diversity should strengthen us rather than divide us”.
She called on the good people of Kaduna State to remain calm and shun all forms and acts of violence, election malpractices, votes buying and hooliganism.
“Our main goal and objective is to engage the electorate on issue-based campaign as peace ambassadors, we believe Kaduna State is a great state that has the potential to promote peace and unity among its diverse populace. I, therefore, urge us all to come out en-mass to vote all APC candidates in order to ensure victory at all polls slated for 23rd February and 9th March 2019.” She emphasised.
INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is currently presenting certificates of return to candidates who emerged victorious in the senatorial election held across the country on February 23.
The event is holding at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The senators-elect are being called states by states to collect their certificates from officials of the
House of Representatives’ members-elect are expected to take their turn later in the day.
INEC had earlier announced that only those whose names appeared on its website as winners of the election would be presented with certificates.
- Most Downloaded App. 2018
- INEC to Issue a certificate of Return to Senator’s Elect.
- Buhari Tells NNPc to Fully take over Operation Of OML 11 from Shell.
- Nigeria elections: Saraki receives 10,000 APC supporters, reacts to Buhari’s order [PHOTOS]
- Nigeria Elections: APC reveals what PDP is doing ahead of Saturday
- Nigeria elections: PDP speaks on attack on Osinbajo
- Nigeria decides: INEC Chairman, Yakubu reveals those who won’t vote during elections
- Buhari vs Atiku: US speaks on ‘attack’ on PDP presidential candidate
- 2019 elections: Army warns politicians against causing trouble in Akwa Ibom
- Buhari vs Atiku: Oba of Benin speaks on preferred candidate
- Nigeria decides 2019: PDP blasts El-Rufai govt
- Nigeria Election: 7 things voters must not do at polling unit – INEC
- Buhari vs Atiku: NLC speaks on Saturday presidential election, reacts to threat on ballot box snatchers
- 2019 presidency: Opposition flooding Nigeria with foreign currencies to rig election – Buhari cries out
- BREAKING: Nigeria elections: PDP chairman meets Buhari, decamps to APC
News6 months ago
16 year old girl expose mother’s boyfriend after attempt to S3X her (Watch Video)
Sport6 months ago
Emiliano Sala’s dead body found
News5 months ago
We’ve decimated Boko Haram, we’ll crush them totally in ‘next level’ – Buhari boasts in Ondo
Entertainment5 months ago
‘Peruzzi just messed up Chioma’s upcoming brand’- Kemi Olunloyo reveals
News6 months ago
My mum made me sex addict – Nigeria lady reveals